P.S. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities....
..... In the expert's mind there are few.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Trying my hand with a bit of art...









I've always wanted to learn to draw and from what I hear it takes practice and an eye for proportions. So in late December I began to research the basics of figure drawing on the internet. After a few days of trying out stick figure sketches, I moved on to watching videos about the proper way to depict the female form.
I found that drawing lines and details of the female figure made me more aware of my own body. I often found myself moving myself from side to side trying to locate the exact point where waist turns to hip and rib feeds into full torso. Where breast ends and gut begins and so on and so fourth.
I could feel myself arching my spine to identify where sexuality screams fourth from where modesty left-off. Tilting my chin into my neck to explore the angle where bashful gives way to flirtation. It all intrigued me and brainstorming with a pencil was some of the most lively moments of self exploration that I can remember ever having.... needless to say.. I shall continue.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your pictures are up! You are a true artist as expressed in your writing and art. Love you and can't wait until your back so we can be bffs!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete